DermatologistOnCall® has been making headlines.
Fun in the Sun Includes Sun Safety
Pittsburgh, PA (May 4, 2017) - The days are getting longer and the sun is getting stronger. As we spend more time outside, the doctors of DermatologistOnCall®, one of the largest teledermatology networks, remind us to always factor in sun safety with summer fun. In conjunction with Skin Cancer Awareness Month, Mark P. Seraly, MD, chief medical officer for DermatologistOnCall, shares some tips for managing sun exposure.
- Use sunscreen. Start with a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) SPF 15 or higher and increase to at least an SPF 30 for prolonged exposure.
- Limit exposure during peak hours. The sun is the strongest during the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Apply and reapply. Sunscreen should be applied 15-30 minutes prior to exposure and reapplied every two hours or after prolonged physical activity.
- Wear protective gear. This includes wide-brimmed hats, sun protective fabrics, sunglasses and lip balms with an SPF greater than 15.
- Be vigilant about your skin. Perform monthly head-to-toe self-exams, and see a dermatologist annually for a full-body skin cancer screening.
“With one in five Americans expected to develop skin cancer during their lifetime, everyone needs to remember ‘if it doesn’t look right, get it checked,’” explains Seraly. “We all must watch for any new, changing, or non-healing spots on our skin, including ANY change to any mole. Skin cancer is the easiest cancer to treat when it’s detected early.” To encourage checks, DermatologistOnCall is offering five dollars off (with promo code SKINCHECK17) an online visit with a board-certified dermatologist the entire month of May. An online visit can be conducted at the patient’s convenience, regardless of the time of day. To activate an account, visit DermatologistOnCall.com/SpotCheck17.
DermatologistOnCall is one of the largest teledermatology networks in the world and offers individuals virtual visits with a U.S. board-certified dermatologist via any device, at any time. The network includes nearly 250 dermatologists in 38 states and sees patients online for more than 3,000 skin, hair and nail conditions. Through their platform, patients can create an account in minutes, upload pictures of the affected area and receive a diagnosis and treatment plan, including any applicable prescription orders, typically within 24 hours. DermatologistOnCall, developed by Mark P. Seraly, M.D., is the flagship product of Pittsburgh-based Iagnosis, Inc., and is focused on delivering faster healthcare treatment to patients through web-enabled solutions. To learn more, visit DermatologistOnCall.com.
For all media inquires, please contact us at email@example.com or at 412-224-2336 x3122.